Press "Enter" to skip to content

At Phuket Beach, a Vietnamese mother and daughter perish

As soon as the family is contacted and instructions on how to care for the deceased are obtained, the Vietnamese Embassy in Bangkok will inform them of the unfortunate incident. Three Vietnamese tourists disregarded red flag warnings that the sea was hazardous when they were guests at the Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach. Red flags were hoisted to warn visitors about the dangers of swimming in the dangerous offshore seas, which were caused by big waves caused by strong winds. Stop swimming when you are 20 meters from the coast. Two lifeguards start their shifts at 8 a.m. and patrol the water until 6 p.m. every day at the same beach. Authorities cautioned individuals to avoid taking undue risks despite the fact that there are always lifeguards on duty to prevent more drownings. Vachira Phuket Hospital will conduct an autopsy to determine whether there were any mitigating circumstances in the tragic drownings. Along with the “Dangerous” sign and red flags that had been set up on the beach, a police warning was displayed. The Vietnamese ladies were reportedly spotted in the rough surf at around 7:30 in the morning, according to the personnel of a motel next to the beach. According to the Sakhu police station, whose officers arrived at around 8.50am, the two women drowned early yesterday morning after rescuers informed the authorities. They were yelled at and instructed to exit the pool since swimming was dangerous. A Vietnamese mother and her little child perished in the water at Naithon Beach in Phuket’s Thalang district. The third individual was able to escape and find safety; however, their identity has been kept a secret and they have only been referred to as friends.

Two of the Vietnamese women had already died before rescuers could get them to safety. The 52-year-old Vietnamese woman and her 16-year-old daughter had already submerged around 20 meters when they were swept out to sea and engulfed by powerful waves. In an effort to save them, rescuers from the Sakhu Tambon Administration Organization sprinted into the choppy water. Both of them were captured and brought ashore after being detained. They both received CPR before being driven to Thalang Hospital. It was already too late when the hospital proclaimed both of them dead.

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More from ThailandMore posts in Thailand »