Press "Enter" to skip to content

Historic Blaze at Tisana Choonhavan’s Bangkok Residence: MP’s Quick Response Saves Home

Order Cannabis Online Order Cannabis Online

Tisana Choonhavan

On a fateful Saturday night, a blaze erupted in an age-old, half-concrete, half-wooden house previously owned by General Chatichai Choonhavan. This historic abode, now home to Tisana Choonhavan, an MP for Bangkok under the Move Forward Party (MFP), faced a swift but intense fire. Thankfully, the flames, which caused significant damage to approximately half of the building, were promptly extinguished within thirty minutes, with no injuries or fatalities reported. This was confirmed by Pol Capt Chirasak Bunyuennan, the deputy chief investigator at Phaya Thai police station.

According to Pol Capt Chirasak, the fire ignited in the innermost section of the house, likely due to a short circuit. He mentioned that the charred structure was one among several buildings located on an expansive 8-rai plot on Soi Ratchakhru, off Phahon Yothin Road, in the Phaya Thai district. The legacy of the house was significant; it had been handed down from Gen Chatichai to his son, Kraisak Choonhavan, a former deputy leader of the Democrat Party.

As the flames raged, Ms. Tisana and her younger sister were not present in the house. Ms. Tisana was engaged in work at a nearby house when she was alerted by an individual who noticed the smell of smoke and saw it emanating from the second floor of her residence. Shortly thereafter, a loud explosion echoed through the air, and the fire escalated rapidly.

Fortuitously, a pond next to the burning house served as an immediate water source, helping to subdue the flames until the fire truck arrived. The antiquity of the electrical wiring, which dates back five to six decades, was highlighted by the MP herself during the harrowing event. In an impromptu act of transparency and urgency, Ms. Tisana began a live broadcast on social media, capturing the firefighting efforts in real-time.

The dramatic unfolding of events drew the attention of several prominent figures. Former foreign minister Parnpree Bahiddha-nukara and former digital economy and society minister Buddhipongse Punnakanta, both relatives of Ms. Tisana, made their presence known during the broadcast. Additionally, MFP list-MP Rangsiman Rome was seen visiting the scene to offer support.

While the police are continuing to investigate the incident, the working theory remains that a short circuit was the likely cause of this unsettling fire.


  1. Susie June 23, 2024

    It’s a miracle that nobody got hurt! The quick response from Ms. Tisana likely saved the house from total destruction.

    • Tony D June 23, 2024

      Yeah, but what about the fire prevention measures in such an old house? It shouldn’t have gotten to that point.

      • Marta June 23, 2024

        True. They should have updated the electrical wiring long ago. This could have been entirely preventable.

      • TisanaFan99 June 23, 2024

        Give the woman a break, it’s a historic house—these things happen. What’s important is the quick response saved lives and half the house!

    • Aiden June 23, 2024

      Totally agree with Susie. What matters is that a disaster was averted.

  2. JSmith June 23, 2024

    Historic preservation is great, but safety should always come first. What if someone had been in the house?

    • Chan June 23, 2024

      There should be mandatory safety checks for old buildings. The age shouldn’t excuse negligence.

    • OldHouseLover June 23, 2024

      Easy for you to say. Preserving history often means compromising a bit on modern safety standards.

    • JSmith June 23, 2024

      OldHouseLover, preserving history shouldn’t mean risking lives. There has to be a balance.

  3. AcademicJunkie June 23, 2024

    The presence of prominent figures at the scene is interesting. Makes you wonder about the underlying political implications.

    • ThaiHistoryBuff June 23, 2024

      Yes, the Choonhavan family has deep political roots. Their actions are always scrutinized.

    • SkepticMike June 23, 2024

      Or maybe they were just family members genuinely concerned about the fire and helping out?

    • AcademicJunkie June 23, 2024

      Of course, but when politicians are involved, nothing is ever just that simple.

  4. Paul R. June 23, 2024

    Using social media to broadcast the fire live? Is that really necessary?

    • Nancy June 23, 2024

      In today’s world, transparency and real-time updates can be reassuring for the public.

    • MediaGuru June 23, 2024

      It’s a double-edged sword. While it keeps people informed, it can also escalate panic unnecessarily.

  5. FireSafety123 June 23, 2024

    There’s a lesson here for all of us. Always check and update the wiring in older homes. Prevention is key.

  6. K. Long June 23, 2024

    The real hero here is the pond next to the house. Nature saved the day!

    • EnvironmentalSteve June 23, 2024

      Good point! Natural water sources can be lifesavers in emergencies.

    • Nina June 23, 2024

      Haha, true! But let’s not forget the timely human effort involved too.

  7. MFP_Fan June 23, 2024

    It’s great to see Ms. Tisana’s colleagues showing up to support her in a time of crisis. Solidarity matters.

    • SkepticalSam June 23, 2024

      Or is it just political theater? These appearances often have ulterior motives.

    • MFP_Fan June 23, 2024

      Fair point, but judging from the situation, it seems genuine to me.

  8. HistoryMajor June 23, 2024

    The Choonhavan legacy is quite rich historically. It’s a shame to see any part of that house damaged.

  9. Bobby78 June 23, 2024

    Seems like another case of political privilege. Would we be hearing about this if it wasn’t a politician’s house?

    • Anna J. June 24, 2024

      Totally agree. Ordinary people face similar fires and don’t get this level of attention.

    • RealistRay June 24, 2024

      Sad but true. But that’s the world we live in – some stories get more spotlight than others.

  10. Joyce W. June 24, 2024

    Glad no one was hurt. Electrical fires in these old houses are all too common.

    • SafetyGuru June 24, 2024

      Absolutely, it’s a reminder to everyone to not neglect checking their electrical systems.

  11. KatLover June 24, 2024

    Did anyone check if there were pets in the house? Why is no one talking about the animals?

    • AnimalLover89 June 24, 2024

      Yes! Pets are family too. Hopefully, they were all safe.

  12. TechieGuy June 24, 2024

    Interesting that it was a short circuit. Makes me wonder about the state of electrical systems in other historic houses.

  13. Order Cannabis Online Order Cannabis Online

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More from ThailandMore posts in Thailand »