59% of Italian tourists to the UK in 2016 cited the Royal family as a reason to visit. King Bhumibol Adulyadej and the Queen had friendly relations. She visited Thailand and praised the King for preserving the nation’s past while advancing society. She died peacefully, according to a tweet from the British Royal Family. The Thai government requires all ministries to fly half-staff for three days starting September 11. 96-year-old Queen Elizabeth II died at Balmoral Palace in Scotland. Her 70-year reign was second-longest in history. Since the Queen’s death, many mourners have gathered at Buckingham Palace in London. The UK’s royal past and tourist attractions attract visitors from around the world. Nearly 50,000 people attend State banquets, lunches, dinners, receptions, and Garden Parties at Buckingham Palace. The Queen will be remembered worldwide. 2.5 million tourists visited Buckingham Palace and the Royal Palaces in 2014, injecting Â£55 million into the UK economy. The Queen urged “self-discipline” and “good-humored resolution” during the Covid-19 pandemic. 49% and 48% of visitors were from Canada and the US. She’s appeared in “The Crown” and other movies and TV shows. Thailand mourns Queen Elizabeth II’s death yesterday in the UK.
Thailand honors Queen Elizabeth II alongside the rest of the globe
More from ThailandMore posts in Thailand »
- Explosive Fire in Speedboat Off Ko Samui, No Injuries Reported
- Air Quality In Bangkok Set To Improve Due To Southerly Wind
- Experience Paradise in Phuket: An Unforgettable Adventure at Phuket International Airport!
- Uncovering the Trade in Illegal Migrants from Myanmar in Songkhla
- Fight Against Extortionate Student Lunch Prices at City Schools in Bangkok