Press "Enter" to skip to content

Electrifying Tragedy Strikes! Thai Painter Gravely Burned in Freak Electrocution Incident – Will Safety Measures Come Too Late?

In a shocking incident in the picturesque southern province of Songkhla, Thailand, a skilled artisan was severely burned while plying his profession. The crestfallen painter faced the grim reality of First-Degree burns as a consequence of an unfortunate electrocution accident at a local condominium block. Renowned local news outlet, Channel 3, reports that this catastrophic event unfolded on an otherwise ordinary morning, signalling a dire turn in what should have been an ordinary day at work for the hapless artist.

As our painter rose to adorning the exterior facia of a third-floor balcony by a lustrous layer of fresh paint, an unfortunate collision of his improvised painting tool, an iron rod of four meters, with a high-voltage electrical wire turned an ordinary day to a moment of chilling terror. The unsuspecting onlookers were left gaping in horror as pretty quickly, the painter’s body was seen dancing amidst a blaze of fiery flames, the impact of electrocution evident in the horrific turn of events.

The building owner, upon sighting this terrifying spectacle, lunged forward in a desperate attempt to douse the flames engulfing the painter. With the aid of a handy bucket of water, the fire was subdued, sadly revealing a victim, now bearing the disfigurement of First-Degree burns on his body. The valiant rescue team stationed in the vicinity promptly moved the distressed man to the nearest medical facility to initiate immediate measures of relief and rehabilitation.

Simultaneously, this electric shock sparked a blaze on the nearby electricity pole and the overhead wires, considering their direct contact with the rogue iron rod. Soon after, the firefighters made their timely appearance on the scene, effectively stifling the menacing fire. In retrospect, this isn’t the first mishap involving a painter in close proximity to perilous, dangling electric wires. Back in 2013, in the Chon Buri region, a painter faced an eerily similar fate when his aluminium-handled brush touched a highly charged electric wire while he was busy garnishing a rooftop.

More recently, another painter in the southern province of Trang narrowly escaped a dangerous rendezvous with the electric wires. The notorious commonality in these instances being the use of long aluminium rods to facilitate painting higher areas. This, combined with the height of the buildings, leaves the artists unknowingly poking at the lurking danger that is overhead electric poles and wires.

In light of such episodes, the electrical authorities have urged the resident owners and the painting crews to maintain a proactive communication with the concerned authorities prior to embarking on similar operations. They further committed to either equip potentially hazardous electric wires with protective insulators or at least temporarily suspend the electricity supply until the painting project reaches completion. Post these measures, one can only hope for a safer work environment for our courageous artists in future.

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments