Eight prominent political parties, spearheaded by the Move Forward Party, have come together to address the media, announcing a signed pact that outlines the basis of their cooperation as coalition partners. This important collaboration is expected to lead to the formation of a new cabinet by the second week of August, revealed acting government spokesman Anucha Burapachaisri.
Anucha shared the tentative schedule provided by caretaker Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam for the formation of the new cabinet at Tuesday’s cabinet meeting, which includes the following key dates:
- July 13 – The official election result will be declared by the Election Commission, exactly 60 days after the general election held on May 14.
- July 20 – This date marks the deadline for newly-elected Members of Parliament (MPs) to report to the parliament.
- July 25 – The first meeting of the parliament for the new term will be convened.
- August (first week) – A joint session of the parliament will be held, during which the prime minister will be elected.
- August (second week) – The newly-appointed cabinet will take their oath of allegiance before His Majesty the King, marking their official commencement in office.
- August (mid) – The tenure of the caretaker cabinet comes to an end.
This historic pact signifies a momentous move for the nation as it paves the way for a smooth transition to a new government, with the support of leading political parties working cohesively as partners. Coalition members understand the significance of unity and collaboration in driving their country forward, particularly in this dynamic political landscape. A strong foundation in these alliances will undoubtedly support and reflect the aspirations of the citizens who passionately exercised their voting rights in the May 14 general election.
As this coalition continues its efforts in shaping the new cabinet, there’s a palpable sense of anticipation and excitement among the population. The promise of collaborative governance brings renewed hope and optimism that the new cabinet is well-positioned to tackle critical issues affecting the nation and its people, ushering in an era of stability, growth, and prosperity for all.
With the upcoming milestones as outlined by the caretaker Deputy Prime Minister, the country and its citizens keenly await the unfolding of this new chapter in their political journey. The successful formation of the cabinet will mark a significant step in the country’s continued progress, fueled by the determination and commitment of its courageous political leaders, united under a common goal – to empower and uplift the lives of their fellow countrymen.