As the city of Bangkok slept, a buzz of anticipation enveloped Suvarnabhumi International Airport where Srettha and his team embarked on a nocturnal voyage, departing at the stroke of midnight for the snowy peaks and ambitious conversations awaiting in Davos. Their mission for the seven-day sojourn? To weave Thailand more intricately into the global tapestry of trade and investment.
Imagine a meeting place where the world’s business titans gather, a place where economies spark connections as easily as people do; that’s where Srettha heads. The agenda is clear yet vast: to court and charm the industry mavens, to lay down the tracks for partnerships that transcend borders and to ensure Thailand’s voice resounds in the corridors where global commerce strategies echo.
The symphony of discussions will strike a chord across continents and industries. Picture Srettha in the throng, exchanging insights with the elite of commerce, including:
- DKSH: Nestled within Zurich’s scenic panorama, DKSH’s storied legacy in market expansion is akin to a bridge architect, crafting passageways for businesses to tread into uncharted territories. Their blueprint has stamped an indelible mark on Thailand’s business landscape.
- Dubai Port World: Cast your mind to the bustle of harbors, the rhythm of cranes swinging, boxes stacking — an orchestrated dance of commerce. DP World conducts this global ballet, with Dubai’s Jebel Ali Port as its grand stage. Together, they weave a complex tapestry, enabling the pulsating heart of trade to beat steadily, shipping life across oceans.
- Standard Chartered: Dating back to the days of quills and ledgers, this banking titan stands tall in London’s skyline. With one foot firmly planted in historical prestige, Standard Chartered strides forward into emerging markets, its gaze set upon the rich landscapes of Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
- Telenor: Amidst the fjords, a seed was sown in Norwegian soil, growing into a telecommunications oak, its branches spreading wide into the Nordic air and reaching out to the vibrant sun of Asia. This venerable entity, Telenor, offers a suite of digital services as varied as the regions it serves.
- Coca-Cola: From a Georgia apothecary’s secret concoction to the effervescent emblem of Western culture, Coca-Cola’s red and white script swirls around the globe—undoubtedly, a taste known by anyone who has ever taken a refreshing sip in any of the world’s four corners.
- Nestlé: A behemoth of nourishment, this Swiss leviathan tendered by Henri Nestlé’s hands, flourishes across landscapes, feeding the world not just sustenance, but also the comfort and nostalgia wrapped in its red emblem.
- Grab: Born from the fast-paced innovation of Southeast Asia, Grab has transformed from a ride-hailing service to a veritable octopus, its tentacles extending into a myriad of services, grasping and connecting millions in a digital embrace that is as warming as it is convenient.
- Robert Bosch: A fortress of German engineering might and innovation, Bosch stands as a testament to Robert Bosch’s vision of a world enhanced through technology, with a footprint as deep in Thailand as it is wide across the globe.
Indeed, the conversations and connections nurtured in the frosty air of Davos herald the dawn of a bold chapter for Thailand. These meetings are set to stitch new patterns into the economic quilt, patterns that will reflect Thailand’s ambitions and dreams on the vast canvas that is international commerce.