Press "Enter" to skip to content

Against All Odds: Elderly Man’s Quiet Dedication to Local Temple Takes Dramatic Twist! – Unbelievable Rescue Unfolds!

Diving headfirst into a thrilling tale, we find ourselves in the heart of Thailand, specifically in the central province of Prachin Buri. The story begins at the remarkable Khao Luk Chang Temple in the Kabin Buri district, a tranquil piece of paradise that on a seemingly ordinary day of yesterday, September 24, was abruptly transformed into a scene of life-and-death drama.

The protagonist of this gripping tale is a loyal septuagenarian Thai gentleman named Nirun. This 73-year-old selfless soul is a huge supporter of the temple, often offering his valuable assistance in temple duties without any expectation of recompense. As fate would have it, Nirun’s regular day began with a simple mission: to mend a leaking water tank situated at the temple.

Armed with his dedication and tools, Nirun started working on the tank around 9am. However, an unfortunate accident took him off guard, flipping the day’s calm into chaos. In the process of cleaning the tank, he accidentally fell into the deep cavity, finding himself trapped in the thinly squeezed, air-starved confines of a three-metre deep tank. On top of the lack of oxygen, the excruciating heat added to his plight, squeezing the life out of him.

Imagine this scene – grave danger lurking at every corner, and a man’s life hanging by a thread. Time ticks by but Nirun’s voice reaches no ears, causing him to stay stuck in the tank for more than two hours. Struggling to breathe in the claustrophobic enclosure, Nirun was close to losing his consciousness.

Enter a seemingly ordinary monk, our catalyst for change and hero of the day, who happened to be strolling past the tank. When a cry for help whispered in his ears, he started scanning the surroundings in confusion, trying to locate the source. Upon discovering Nirun’s plight, he immediately swung into action, calling the Satja Phutta Dham Thailand Rescue Team.

With their adrenaline fuelled, the rescue team sprang into action immediately. They tackled the dire situation tactfully, rolling the tank down and pulling an almost unconscious Nirun from a tiny crack measuring just 35-40 centimetres. The intensity of the ordeal left Nirun drained and nauseated from stress and the severe lack of oxygen.

The temple’s nun, understanding the absolute priority of Nirun’s health, hastened to his assistance. She gave him an inhaler and some water to stabilize his health before he was transported to the hospital for further medical checks. This, ladies and gentlemen, was a real-time, heart-wrenching example of how a quiet dedication was repaid with a life-saving rescue.

As our story winds down, Nirun’s present condition remains vague; an update is yet to come out. Moving forward, let us hope that we get positive news and Nirun returns to his selfless service at the temple. To those engrossed in The Thaiger’s tale of Nirun, take a moment to follow us on our social page HERE for more fascinating stories. Remember, every day has a story; some are just waiting to be told.

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments