Right now, bars and clubs are required to close at 2 am. Phiphat is one of the few elected officials who openly backs a practice that is considered a “social sin.” Since their opinions are often disregarded by those who self-identify as devoted Buddhists because they are seen to contradict Thai “Buddhism society’s” moral norm, supporters have faced stigma. The minister claimed that his idea was consistent with foreign visitors’ lifestyles, notably those from Europe and the Middle East. According to the tourism minister, he will ask the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration to take into account permitting bars and pubs in popular tourist provinces to stay open until 4 a.m. on Thursday. The tourists want to drink more because the festivities are about to reach their climax and the venues are getting set to close. The 2 am closing, according to Phiphat, does not satisfy their needs. He predicted that some people would keep drinking in places where it would be impossible to keep an eye on them, which would result in criminal activities. Phiphat made it clear that only establishments in key tourist zones would be subject to his proposal to let bars and pubs stay open until 44 in the morning. According to the tourism ministry, nightclubs in other nations also close at 2 a.m. Many visitors from these two locations start their evening meals around 10 o’clock. He emphasized the lengthy preparation times for the dinners and the fact that drinking doesn’t even begin until well after midnight. Phiphat, for instance, asserted that Thais desire to enjoy themselves to the fullest when they travel outside of Thailand. “As a result, there is no need for the general public to be alarmed about this. In addition, I want to stress to all parties involved—including NGOs opposed to the idea—that despite pubs and bars closing at 2 a.m., tourists will still purchase alcohol and continue drinking elsewhere. He was certain that the government could increase visitor safety by as much as 80% if the zoning was set for a 4 am closing. According to Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn, the extension will be asked despite harsh opposition from several social organizations.
In well-known tourist destinations, the tourism minister wants bars and pubs to remain open until four in the morning
View all comments
More from ThailandMore posts in Thailand »
- Digital Handout Explosion: Thai Party’s Controversial Campaign Promise Survives Legal Onslaught – Political Shakeup Unfolds!Digital Handout Explosion: Thai Party’s Controversial Campaign Promise Survives Legal Onslaught – Political Shakeup Unfolds!
- Migrant Worker Miracle: 200,000 Employment Contracts Extended Amid Crisis – Thailand’s Economy SAVED!Migrant Worker Miracle: 200,000 Employment Contracts Extended Amid Crisis – Thailand’s Economy SAVED!
- Dramatic Party Resignations: Thailand’s Political Future in Jeopardy – Young Leaders to Emerge?
- Covid-19 Crisis: Phuket’s Shocking Surge in Infections – Complacency & Boosters Turn Paradise into Pandemic Epicenter!Covid-19 Crisis: Phuket’s Shocking Surge in Infections – Complacency & Boosters Turn Paradise into Pandemic Epicenter!
- Horrifying Truth Exposed: Human Trafficking Epidemic in Southeast Asia – Thai Police & Interpol Form Unstoppable Alliance!Horrifying Truth Exposed: Human Trafficking Epidemic in Southeast Asia – Thai Police & Interpol Form Unstoppable Alliance!
More from UncategorizedMore posts in Uncategorized »
- WEED.TH Becomes a Valuable Resource for Thailand’s Cannabis Industry with Expanded Features and RebrandingWEED.TH Becomes a Valuable Resource for Thailand’s Cannabis Industry with Expanded Features and Rebranding
- No longer necessary to close schools due to COVID outbreaks
- Cabinet will debate the fate of the 300-baht foreign visitor fee
- Thailand reported an upsurge in major cases and deaths linked to COVID-19
- Medical marijuana cultivation through the internet